Associate Director Structural / Buildings Focused
Ascension Global Pty Ltd Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (On-site) has immediate job opportunity for Associate Director Structural / Buildings Focused
- Global firm with growth opportunities, this is a Senior Leadership opportunity
- Known for delivering Quality, this would suit an experienced engineer wanting to step up and be groomed for Senior Leadership / or someone who is already there looking for a new and exciting challenge with a great global brand.
- Generous salary & compensation plus annual bonus. Fun and supportive team, that offers flexibility & growth.
Due to continued growth this global multi-disciplinary engineering firm is looking to acquire the services of an experienced Associate Structural Engineer, that has the capability of being a Technical Director, and Leader. This company provides cutting edge design solutions across Property, Buildings, Land Development, Infrastructure, Environmental Services, and Mining and Resources.
This role is to become a leader within the Buildings and Property division in Brisbane. The role will focus on the delivery of engineering services for the structural team, including structural design analysis, documentation reviews and supervision, providing input for the preparation of proposals, feasibility studies and reports, attending client meetings and leading the team to success. This role will be suitable for someone with 7-10 years’ exp who’s looking for that next step in their career and is wanting to be groomed into senior leadership, this is a role you can take an make it your own. This global player already has a number of the most prominent buildings in Brisbane under their repertoire, they are associated with quality, with pipeline bustling with opportunities, this is an exciting role for an up and coming experienced engineer who is hungry and passionate to take the next step.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant authority and relevant design standards and practices.
- Assist in providing technical leadership to a team of engineers and draftspersons.
- Knowledge and understanding of and ability to apply sustainable and cost-effective principles and solutions.
- Strong data analysis, interpretation, and data presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly in the preparation of technical reports.
- Technical knowledge in a relevant discipline
- Excellent team communication skills (written and verbal) and high level interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage own time and priorities and to assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment.
- Understanding and application of principles and practices employed in a quality engineering consultancy practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of documentation and current issues related to own and other disciplines, including external sub-consultants.
- Strong client service focus.
- Basic accounting and budgeting skills and ability to monitor project budgets.
- Intermediate computer literacy skills with various software applications including Microsoft Office and discipline specific industry standard software tools.
- Ability to work both within a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Structural Engineering or a closely related discipline is required as well as substantial industry experience.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Membership (or eligibility to be Member) of a relevant national or international accreditation body.
- Registration (or eligibility to be registered) in relevant state’s professional engineer register for the building/construction industry.
Personal Qualities & Behavioral Traits
- Ability to show leadership and take responsibility for projects from inception to completion ensuring a smooth workflow process.
- Business Acumen; ability to search and analyse new business opportunities; and build and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to assist in supervising a small team and create and maintain an environment which motivates staff, maximises efficiency, and encourages initiatives.
- Take responsibility for tasks from inception to completion ensuring a smooth workflow process.
- Personal pride in quality of work and project outputs.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain effectiveness under pressure.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and to provide innovative solutions to various issues.
- Handle criticism objectively and constructively.
- Motivation and drive to continually expand and maintain up to date technical knowledge.
- Integrity and professional behavior when dealing with internal staff and external clients and suppliers.
- Good team working ethics.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to recognise, acknowledge and communicate success in all of our activities at a company wide, team and individual level, externally & internally.
- Have open communication and provide and receive feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
What’s on Offer?
Future growth opportunities, flexible working conditions and generous compensation and bonuses are all on offer for the right person.
This is a well known global player in the buildings services and infrastructure space.
Career making role where you will truly standout across the industry and lead.
Generous compensation and benefits on offer whilst being closely supported to win and succeed.
for further inquiries or a confidential discussion, please contact email@example.com
I also have junior roles available if this is more senior than your current experience warrants. Please feel free to get in touch.