Multiple Business Analyst Contracts, working across health, education, policing, infrastructure, tourism, trade and primary industry sectors in the NT.
Delivering very complex, high value, and / or high-risk ICT programs and multi-year digital transformation initiatives requires Business Analysts to consult, collaborate and coordinate with business subject matter experts and stakeholders on the design and implementation of appropriate solutions, translating and documenting relevant specifications that meet agreed business requirements
The Business Analyst will be responsible for a full range of business analysis tasks including requirements planning and management; requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation; and capturing existing business processes and proposed changes. The Business Analysts will work on the implementation of COTS and/or custom application for project/programs as assigned, and are required to support the relevant Project Manager, Director or Lead Analyst in the execution of the project approach and associated plan working with the business, project team members and the vendor/s as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate workshops, interviews, and focus groups with stakeholders to elicit, analyse and document business and functional requirements, and management of requirements traceability.
• Conduct walkthroughs to validate and obtain approval of business analysis outputs.
• Provide business analysis support relevant to provision of requirements support and clarification throughout a full project development or implementation lifecycle.
• Undertake and support testing activities including preparing and executing test plans and cases.
• Applying business analysis techniques and tools to document requirements, objectives, outcomes, processes, procedures, work instructions and workflows.
• Delivering project documentation in alignment with EPS project management frameworks, on time, to expected quality standards as per scope and as agreed with the Project Manager.
• Managing sensitive information and maintaining records in line with information management policies.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Extensive skills and experience as a Business Analyst, including experience in requirements gathering, business process analysis/modelling, process mapping and information analysis/modelling, planning, design, testing and system integration, using industry standard techniques in a complex business environment.
• Experience mapping business requirements and processes to the functionality of a product whilst identifying gaps and opportunities.
• Experience in managing information requirements in line with approved record keeping and information management policies, and including traceability of business requirements.
• High level analytical skills and organisational skills with good attention to detail and ability to think laterally and conceptually.
• Highly effective client liaison, change management and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative environment with high performing teams with high priority deliverables under tight timeframes, and balancing competing priorities.
• Experience in end to end delivery of major business systems projects.
• Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Visio and the usual office tools such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook (e-mail), proficient in the use of JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint or ability to quickly acquire.
• Experience identifying and analysing complex legislative and / or regulatory requirements applicable to the relevant industry/work environment and their processes.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience in business process model and notation (BPMN) 2.0 standard or similar.
• Experience working in a Government environment.
Personal Qualities required of Candidate(s):
• High level social and written skills with ability to effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a large team environment with members of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Self-starter with high personal drive and a positive attitude.
• Disciplined and accountable for supporting and maintaining work products.
• Behaves in a respectful and professional manner, maintaining high integrity and transparency when delivering work.
• Excellent problem solver and critical thinker. • Promotes teamwork and collaboration by engaging stakeholders and team members.
Shortlisting immediately, please email a copy of your cv to
or get in touch ASAP.