Forensic Engineer – Sydney
We are now looking for a confident and experienced Forensic Engineer with over 5 years of local experience who is looking for their next challenge with a fast growing global firm.
Be part of a continually growing organisation and motivated team with a role geared towards your professional development.
Your role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Schedule field inspections and work with specialist service providers to effectively assess forensic investigations.
- Conduct unbiased forensic site inspections in both metropolitan and regional NSW (incl. interstate as needed), and analyse failures involving a variety of residential, commercial and industrial structures.
- Prepare written reports that document cause of distress/failure, extent of loss and recommended remediation for all types of structures.
- Prepare documentation detailing the rectification and remedial repair solutions for onsite construction issues and damaged structures.
- Quotation preparation and client liaison.
- Check reports written by forensic engineers to ensure a high quality product is delivered to the client.
You will need to have:
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Engineering – Civil and Structural
- CPEng preferrable but not essential
- 5-10 years of structural engineering experience, particularly in residential and/or housing projects in Australia.
- Sound knowledge of engineering first principles, residential footing/slab design, timber/steel residential framing design, civil/storm water design.
- A thorough knowledge of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards, particularly those relating to residential, industrial and commercial projects.
- Experience working with legal firms and insurance companies is essential.
- A valid and current drivers license.
- Ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders in a professional and productive manner.
- Strong time management/organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced service environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with ability to liaise in a friendly manner
- Good data entry skills with eye for detail
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in the work environment
- Laptop & mobile phone
- Ongoing training and professional development
- An environment that challenges and welcomes innovation
- Be part of a company that invests in its people and technology
- Leaders that nurture, support and develop the leader within
- A team that is friendly and supportive
- Flexible work environment
If you would like to be considered for this brilliant opportunity, please email an updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org