This is a mine undergoing a turnaround of operations across all parts of the business, and this exciting opportunity will be accountable for improving practices and transforming the operations, processes and systems. The right candidate thrives in transformation environments and builds a collaborative environment to engage stakeholders and build their understanding of operations, data and insight.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the board and manage production for the mines. The Senior Operations Manager, will provide direct coordination and oversight of
Mining and Processing, as well as the Engineering and Maintenance support functions and liaise closely with Exploration and the Project Management Office. Specific emphasis is on turning around overall operations to build a profitable company, within financial, health and safety, and environmental constraints.
The person requires good balance of technical skills, safety expertise and people management skills; as well as previous transformation success examples.
A key outcome of the role will be to remove silos and create a unified and integrated Operations team with aligned end-to-end ownership of safe production, from extraction through to processing, with a single aligned plan for maintenance and civil support and strong delivery focus.
As part of the site leadership team, the Senior Operations Manager / GM would not only provide integrated guidance regarding production decisions and outcomes but also contribute towards overall leadership decisions of the Mine turnaround.
Define and drive BPM’s operations strategies, solutions and procedures to improve the company’s performance, and oversee management of the full range of operations functions to set production targets, define production plans, and deliver a turnaround in gold production
to be profitable
• Integrate mining teams across underground and collaborate closely with Projects (e.g. Decline) to increase the production profile as rapidly as possible and align with processing and engineering teams
• Provide operational leadership and direction ensuring the highest levels of safety, quality, and reliability in production are achieved
• Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to operations and single focus on safe production, as well as build and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders to maximise BPM’s operationality
• Review the vertical shaft and infrastructure to enable a sustainable mining business
• Liaise closely with Human Resources and Safety management to ensure effective communication and interaction with departmental personnel
• Control and optimise the performance of service contracts, and assess value improvements including in-sourcing if applicable
• Provide guidance and leadership in operational safety, contributing to the design and development of frameworks and governance / policy setting to ensure effective application on the ground
• Champion innovative technical solutions that provide BPM with a strategic and competitive advantage
• Minimum tertiary qualifications in mining, processing or engineering, business or commerce
• >15 years’ experience in mining operations, across the breadth of operational functions
• >10 years’ experience leading turnaround mining operations
• Significant experience delivering line transformation of health and safety outcomes
• Highly influential leader able to draw clear lines to single production outcomes
The role is ideally suited to someone prepared to be residential. Relocation package offered.
With a generous $ expat package.
If you would like to be considered, please provide an updated cv and contact details to emma.clark@ascension-global.