Underground Mine Manager, Operations & Mill
Ascension Global Pty Ltd Saskatchewan, Canada (On-site)
The Gold Operation is an underground gold mining and milling operation, located near Saskatchewan, Canada.
This position has a schedule of 4 days on, 3 days off – Monday to Thursday. You will be required to fly in, fly out.
The Manager, Operations will ensure that the overall responsibilities and operational aspects of the mine and mill are achieved, with the highest standards of safety, production and continuous improvement playing an integral part in the attainment of required standards.
- Act as a member of the senior leadership team to implement and achieve the overall strategy and goals of the Company
- Provide leadership and direction through mine and mill staff while effectively utilizing Company policy & procedures to ensure employee concerns are dealt with and to maintain high standards of employee morale, safety & production.
- Preparation and distribution of regular required reports.
- Identify cost savings and continuous improvement in the day-to-day mining and milling process.
- Approve operating and capital expenses as required.
- Review long range operational activities to ensure that defined Corporate objectives are attained.
- Responsible for the construction, annual mine and mill operating budgets in conjunction with departmental operations budgets.
- Strategic direction and management of the mining and milling processes.
- People Management of the entire mining and milling group to create a high performance driven culture.
- Ensure that the Business Plan is achieved through effective planning, resources allocation and co-ordination.
- Ensure legal compliance to protect the interests of the Company and create a safe workplace.
- Co-ordinating the functioning of all the departments on a business unit.
- Delegate to subordinates where appropriate
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, related professional designation or certification.
- High degree of business acumen and integrity in all matters. Six Sigma or other relevant Continuous Improvement certification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience in an underground mining operation and experience in a mill environment with knowledge of processes and equipment used in the recovery of gold.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to safety and a solid understanding of the applicable legislation for Mines in Saskatchewan.
- Completion of Hard Rock Miner/First Line Underground Mine Supervisors Common Core.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to impact and influence management and workforce including technical report writing and public presentations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Applications – Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership, management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the utmost professionalism, discretion and confidentiality is essential.
If interested, please send your resume today by clicking apply now or in word format to email@example.com